One Citizen’s Bill of Impeachment
by STUART MARKOFF
A DECLARATION OF DIVORCE FROM, AND IMPEACHMENT OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THESE UNITED STATES CURRENTLY IN POWER AS OF THIS OCTOBER, 2006 IN THE TWO HUNDREDTH AND TWENTY FIFTH YEAR OF THE PROMULGATION OF THE CONSTITUTION.
When in the course of the history of this Republic, survivor of Rebellion, of the Great Depression, and of many wars, an Executive violates its contract with its citizens to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, and fails to so uphold and defend its basic principles, putting the nation itself in jeopardy, and subverting its very purposes, then the citizens must exercise their right to reject such governance not only by the power of the vote but by petitioning the Legislative to institute proceedings of Impeachment against the Executive to reclaim the balance of the three branches as invisioned by the Authors and enshrined in the words of the Constitution itself.
To that end, We draw up this bill of high crimes and misdemeanors not only multitimes manifest but continuing, to the great harm, and maiming of this Republic, whereby we urge that the current President, Vice-President, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, and Secretary of the Interior be impeached, removed from office, and rendered subject to prosecution for crimes against both the domestic and international order at trials by a jury of their peers, the ordinary citizens of the United States of America.
Wherefore, we list the wrongs inflicted upon us:
- Waging war by lies, distortions, and a secret agenda;
- Basing domestic policy on various grandiose usurpations of both the Legislative and Judicial functions;
- Suspending basic rights as enumerated in the Bill of Rights and in Common Law;
- Refusing to carry out the express intent of legislation by invoking the expediency of sign-off statements;
- Misusing the Armed Forces, and subjecting troops to retaliatory punishment by an Enemy;
- Creating new enemies, and destroying American prestige with aggressive, hegemonic, and destabilizing policies;
- Subverting the freedom of the press with paid propaganda disguised as open journalism;
- And in general, exercising an Incompetence so willful that its consequences may take generations to repair.
THEREFORE DO WE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM OBEDIENCE TO SUCH UNLAWFUL AUTHORITY, EXCEPT AS CONTINGENT UPON SUCH TIME AS THEIR IMPEACHMENT, REMOVAL, AND TRIAL, in the trust we still have in the wisdom of the Founders and in the courage of the Legislative and the Judiciary to document and to pass judgment, and to rectify the CRIMINAL wrongs enumerated.
Herewith we pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor:
Stuart L. Markoff, Baltimore, MD
Keith Perkins, Bucksport, ME