Finished up th maple syrup experiment a few days ago. (I’ve been really lax about posting.)
I started real late, and only tapped the tree for 4 days, so didn’t get a lot, but, I ended up with a little over a quart of syrup. I boiled it down most of the way using some roasting pans on the gas grill. This took about 12 or so hours over two days. then finished it up inside on the stove.
Total cost was about $24, which is on par with buying organic maple syrup at NLC, and more expensive than regular maple syrup in the grocery store.
Probably the cost would have been less if I’d boiled it down over a wood fire. So, it was fun, and interesting, but not economical.
Here’s pics of the finished product.