Tom Brown’s Field Guide to Wilderness Survival – Tom Brown Jr.
One of Tom Brown’s field guides. Essential for anyone interested in honing their outdoors skills. A big section on plant identification and usage makes this book a winner.
* How to build natural shelters in plains, woods, or deserts
* How to get safe drinking water from plants, trees, the sun, or Earth Herself
* How to make fire without matches and maintain it in any weather
* How to find, stalk, kill, and prepare animals for food
* The “big four” edible plants, and hundreds of others useful for both nutrition and medicine